> From: John Myers - MM
>
> Gee ... how many "ads" have you run on this list and Ignite ????

If someone asks, I answer, John.  And I always clearly state that I am a
vendor.  That's all I was asking from you.

newlook is probably a fine answer for some people.  I can't think of any,
but I am biased, and say so up front.  I just wanted to make sure your
"newsletter" was received with the same level of disclosure.

> The greatest expense in IT today are the personnel costs.  Almost
> everyone
> on this list probably spends a LOT more money on technical staff than on
> any other IT expense item.  Personnel time, whether in-house staff or
> outside contractors, has a price.  The time that programmers take to
> convert & test ANY webfacing product and the on-going application program
> maintenance is a real cost that must be included in the total investment.

Yup.  Just like the time and cost to "master newlook's advanced recognition
engine settings and extension/integration features".  It's all in where you
choose to spend your money, John.  Me, I prefer to use open standards like
JSP which transfer to other parts of my business, but it's each client's
choice.

Anyway, I didn't mean to imply you were doing anything underhanded, not to
in any way impugn your integrity.  I apologize if I offended.  Just trying
to keep the playing surface level.

Joe