Joe,

Gee ... how many "ads" have you run on this list and Ignite ???? Methinks that David has been pretty accommodating. This text below certainly looks like one to me:

With PSC/400, there really is no training required, since everything is
based on open standards.  We get you up and running overnight and away you
go.  Because PSC/400 uses open standards, wherever companies already have
one JSP-knowledgeable person they typically don't need any training.  And if
you don't have that expertise inhouse, we do onsite training.

Sure, we resell NewLook ... like about 500 other companies in the USA ... I've disclosed that numerous times on this list. Prior to my post, Paul Nelson had already recommended the product and pointed Jim to the software author's site where he could get a 30 day free trial. That eliminated any sales opportunity that a rep on my staff might have had! PERIOD!

Guess what ... there ARE multiple strategies to address this issue ... my company's Motor Vehicle industry software package development arm had to face these issues. In the newsletter, we pointed out the process that they took to decide what strategy would be right for them. In the end, they chose TWO different strategies ... each appropriate in its own situation. BTW: the other newsletter on that page did not discuss ANY vendor's specific product.

The greatest expense in IT today are the personnel costs. Almost everyone on this list probably spends a LOT more money on technical staff than on any other IT expense item. Personnel time, whether in-house staff or outside contractors, has a price. The time that programmers take to convert & test ANY webfacing product and the on-going application program maintenance is a real cost that must be included in the total investment.

My Motor Vehicle group just happened to choose an approach to address most of the application programs that required no application program changes or testing to implement.

John