I took a look - it does not do CL prompting, other than a few commands it includes in the product (seem mostly to be CRT commands). It does not even have ILE versions of the CRT commands for CL.

So it's basically a text editor. Might as well use TextPad or CodeWright

I was thinking of DFU, but he probably won't have that if he does not have the development package. Besides, it's one record at a time.

Another idea is OpsNav. You can modify a file in there, from the Database view, and see multiple rows - and it's live to the iSeries. Problem is, it does not know about multiple members. You could have a temp source file for editing, then go back to iSeries and copy that member to the real source file.

Prompting is a problem, but you could prompt from a command line, set the values you want, then use F14 to get the syntax and copy/paste into source (someone else's idea from this list). This works, even for commands that can't be run from a command line - they still prompt.

Vern