From: MWalter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:MWalter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, May 30, 2003 10:51 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: OPNQRYF question

You don't have an ampersand in front of your SUBSTR.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark D. Walter
Senior Programmer/Analyst
CCX, Inc.
mwalter@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.ccxinc.com

                    "Norbut, Jim"

                    <Jim.Norbut@xxxxxxxxx        To:     "Midrange
Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

                    is.com>                      cc:

                    Sent by:                     Subject:     OPNQRYF
question

                    midrange-l-bounces@xx

                    drange.com

                    05/30/2003 11:39 AM

                    Please respond to

                    Midrange Systems

                    Technical Discussion

I created a file called PWDEXPFILE using DSPUSRPRF and sent to an
outfile in my library

now using a CL I am trying to get info on anyone who hasn't reset their
password in 30 days

But I am getting an CPD3120 error (that is the detailed description when
I hit F1)

it's actually CPF9899 that shows up in the joblog.

OPNQRYF    FILE((JNORBUT/PWDEXPFILE)) OPTION(*ALL) +

                    QRYSLT('SELECT * FROM JNORBUT/PWDEXPFILE +

                    WHERE DATE(SUBSTR(UPPWCD,3,2)|| +

                                      "/"||SUBSTR(UPPWCD,5,2)|| +

                                      "/"||SUBSTR(UPPWCD,1,2)) >= +

                    CURRENT_DATE - 30 DAYS')

am I not able to do this using OPNQRYF ??