1.) QSYS.LIB objects that cannot be identified go in the QRCL library.
Usually the text has a description similar to this: 'Old name Qxxxxxxxxx in
*N owned by QTCP.'

2.) Objects lost from the root file system get put in the /QReclaim
directory.

3.) Objects lost from the QOpenSys file system get put in the
/QOpenSys/QReclaim directory.

4.) If an authorization list is damaged the objects that were secured by it
get assigned to QRCLAUTL.  I've never seen a damaged AUTL though.

5.) Some unusable user and system objects may be deleted.  I'm pretty sure
that a successfully reclaimed object will not show up in QRCL, but an info
message may get sent to the QSYSOPR message queue.  A summary message is
also sent to (IIRC) both QHST and QSYSOPR.

I think that the biggest factors in the amount of time that it takes to run
a RCLSTG are the speed of the processor(s), the number of objects, the
amount of damage found and the amount of main storage.

RCLSTG does check for a restricted state when it runs, if it is not you will
get CPF8209 - System not in proper state to reclaim storage.

I'm not sure why Al hasn't mentioned it, but if you have TAATOOLs there is a
RCLSTG2 tool that the documentation says keeps a better summary of the
results.  I've not used this one myself so cannot give more details....

My opinion is that unless you experience an abnormal system end you should
not need to run RCLSTG excepting a month or so before an O/S upgrade.  I
know others who think that you shouldn't run it at all(unless told to by
SL.)

Scott Ingvaldson
AS/400 System Administrator
GuideOne Insurance Group