Joe:

All I can add is that a very similar thing happened to me except it was to a
share on a WinNT Server box, not an AS/400 NetServer share, and my desktop was
WinNT 4.0. It started when the NT Server drive where the share pointed filled
up. Wish I could say what fixed it.

After almost two weeks, well after drive space was made available again by
deleting numerous files, it just started working again.

Note that some other shares also seemed affected. I was also unable to access
(update) shares against my Win2K Pro laptop that I had on the network. Most
other shares worked fine.

Same symptoms of hourglass, Explorer hangs, 'access denied', etc.; there just
wasn't any NetServer involved. I suspect the answer lies deep within Microsoft
networking.

The good news from my side is only that eventually it worked. Sure wish I knew
why.

Tom Liotta

--
Tom Liotta