If any of the data fields are CCSID 65535, you have to explicitly turn on
support in the
translation tab, but I'd think that would only cause a problem with those
fields and not
the entire record.

With a 900 byte record, I'd have to say that you shouldn't be running into any
buffer
size or LOB threshold problems.

Examine the query.  Are you doing a join?  Do you happen to have 2 result
fields with
the same name?  In Word 97 & 2K, the query string itself can not exceed 255
characters (even though MSQuery is OK with it).  If you're selecting columns by
name, try SELECT *  FROM...

Another thing that can cause this is security.  Check how you connect in the
DSN.
Do you use the same connection as OpsNav?  Does that profile have rights to the
table(s) you are trying to access?  I'd have to say it's likely because you see
results in
MSQuery, but it is something to check.

If the problem doesn't appear to be query based, see if the 400 side provider
job
(QZDASOINIT) has any meaningful messages in it's joblog, and turn trace on in
the
ODBC data source, let the problem happen, and look for anything meaningful in
the
log.

HTH,

--Chris