Jim,

Are both documents using the same data source, or did you create a new data
source for the new document? If so, look to the new data source, particularly
to the
library list.  Make sure you don't have both the default library and a library
list
specified.

I'm shooting in the dark here, but it sounds like the issue is with the DSN,
and not
word or ODBC, per se.

--Chris