On an older system, V4R5, I have an CA ODBC connection to the 400.
Client Access is on a Terminal Server 2000, and using Word 2000.
Created the first Word doc, pulling in a customer file to create mass mailing.
Worked great.
Had to create a new AS400 file, merging data from multiple files.
Created a new Word doc, do the MS Query,  and can even preview
the data. But on the final button to bring it back to Word, I get the
truly generic message "Word was unable to open the data source".
Is there some logging or details somewhere? MS Query seems to be working,
but not inside the Word doc. Have created a new doc, and have same problems,
so I'm wondering about my new file. Normal DDS specs, largest field is 60A,
total record length 900 bytes, about 40 fields, all alpha, no more than 8 char
field names, 8 char format name. 1st word doc with original file still works
fine.
tia
jim franz