I don't know how the CORE curriculum will help.  Sometimes going to a
Munson topic can help clear the mind without being tempted to go flavor
the local venue's and missing some critical topics.

I've often heard this about the 2 a year.  That might help if company A
only sends one person a year, and company B only sends 1 person and they
send them to different conferences then you've effectively reduced the
overall head count at each conference.  And, to those who go to every
conference, (why, I'll never know, unless they like presenting), that
would help reduce their costs.  Personally it wouldn't make a difference
with our company until the economy picks up.  Never thought I'd see this
here...  And if the economy picked up I don't think we'd send anymore than
2 people at a time to a single conference, (unless Indy came back around).
 Therefore you'd be cutting out from 4 people a year to 2 people a year.

Your part 3 kind of lost me.  Are you suggesting that the XYZ vendor, move
their annual convention to immediately precede or follow COMMON, or
perhaps be an after hours event?  That might save on travel expense, but
that could backfire as too much time away from the office.  Might also be
too much information overflow to implement back at the office at once
also.

Benjamin Franklin

Don <dr2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
05/21/2003 07:21 PM
Please respond to Midrange Systems Technical Discussion