From: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Date: Tuesday, May 20, 2003 10:45:23 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: How to tork off a customer

Gee, a temporary code would be available from
http://asc404.asc-iseries.com/codes. You have documented steps for
getting codes for all of your production packages, haven't you? Oh you
haven't? No right to b*tch then.

message: 6
date: Tue, 20 May 2003 09:39:36 -0500
from: Jeff Crosby <jlcrosby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: How to tork off a customer

MODE(*VENT)

To all you vendors out there who might participate or lurk on this
list, here's a way to certainly tork off a customer.

Yesterday was 5/19 so guess what happened after hours. Yup, it quit
working. I called their office, which was closed, and left a VM. Then
I called the home phone of the employee I deal with and left another
VM. I checked my VM regularly last night for a response and got none. (I
found out today that this employee turns off the ringer on this
phone line at home so she's not bothered. So why have it?)

But what _really_ torked me off this morning is I found out that ASC
_knew_ it would expire yesterday, so they called our A/P person and
asked where the check was. But no one from ASC contacted _me_ for
an extension. They checked on where their money was, but not whether our
production jobs would continue to work.

Now I realize we're all human and anyone can forget things. Heck I
forgot it was going to expire yesterday. But since they remembered and
made a phone call . . .

I've been using Abstract/Probe from them for 10 years or more, so
it's not like they didn't know we actually pay our bills.

MODE(*NORMAL)

.