I agree with everything Vern had to say.

If, what you are saying is that you have a lot of slack time while on the
job then discuss this with your manager.  Unless, of course, you lied
during your interview and said something stupid to get the job like "I've
been looking forward to doing menial labor the rest of my career".

But, what you do on your own time, with your own resources, is your
business.  If you have a PC at home then you can download any number of
Java courses.  You could always subscribe to an online iSeries service for
cheap and do development there.  I doubt you can configure any Websphere
that way though.

I am sure that a company of the size that you are working at has some
internal educational courses.  Someone there has purchased some books, or
magazines, or whatever.

Don't violate their security.  Trust is a fragile thing to build.  And I
think there was someone on this list who got terminated for writing a
simple CL program, which was against company policy.

Benjamin Franklin