Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 11:38:04 -0500
From: "Joe Pluta" <joepluta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: WebSphere Product Orders

> From: Dianne Saunders
>
> Joe, regarding your inquiry about WDSC5 & WAS Express ordering - may I ask
> HOW to order?? -  especially in regard to WAS Express 5722-IWE?
>
> Reading the announcement I believe our shop should get the free upgrade
> from 5733-AS3 to 5722-IWE.  Also, we need information on pricing on
> another machine that should get one free upgrade, but since it has
> multiple processors,  more licenses will have to be purchased.   Asking
> our Business Partner, we were told contact Passport Advantage, set up an
> account & order.  Is this correct or should the Business Partner be able
> to order 5722-IWE as an upgrade using feature #1440?  It seems extra
> copies or maintenance is ordered thru Passport Advantage.  Looking at the
> Passport Advantage site is daunting.  Thank you for any information.

Diane, I'm forwarding your message to a contact in IBM, and I'll see what he
says.  I am a Partner in Development, and so I ended up ordering through
that channel.  I'm not sure what an end user will do, but I'll do what I can
to find out.

But according to the announcement letter, your BP should be able to do this.
They may not want to, because it's no revenue to them, but according to the
letter, they can do it.

Joe