> From: Jones, John (US)
>
> I'm in favor of webifying our apps to eliminate the client install
> requirement and to possibly eliminate the need for interactive CPW, but
> I don't think I could recommend IBM as a tool provider in this regard.
> I just can't trust the product to be supported four years down the line.
>
> We have about 1300 users dispersed around the country.  New product
> rollout and training, even to just use a web interface, is a
> time-consuming and costly process.  We can't afford to do it more often
> than once every few years.

John, this sort of scenario EXACTLY fits PSC/400.  We can convert your
application to our unique 5250 emulation mode, which basically provides
nearly all the capabilities of a client access emulation screen, except in a
browser.  This can be done literally overnight in most cases, and you can be
testing the application the next day.  There is no training required for
your programmers, and very little retraining for your end users.  Converted
programs run in batch, removing the interactive tax, and conversion is done
via a single OS/400 command - no bulky PCs required, no new tools to learn.

Then, if you feel it necessary, you can customize your applications and give
them a more "web-like" appearance, but that's as time and business
requirements dictate.

Joe Pluta
Pluta Brothers Design
Developers of PSC/400