From: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Date: Wednesday, May 14, 2003 7:58:49 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Pretty printing from the iSeries

That's true. But IBM has provided a number of these tools - AFP Utilities,
Advanced Print Utility, Page Printer Formatting Aid. Some are end-user
tools. IIRC, the interfaces were green-screen, not true WYSIWYG, for some.

I've always been frustrated by the apparent lack of support for AFP
printing on the 400. Most of the info is directed toward mainframes. And if
the AFP Viewer (version we get with iSeries Access) is any indication, I
understand why these things haven't done really well - the Viewer is an
awkward tool, in my experience.

It looks like InfoPrint Server has some promise - haven't had time to look
at ti yet, much.

Vern