We migrated to V5R2 from V5R1 back in February.  All of our old basic
functions that have evolved since 1990 work as they always have.  We were in
the process of converting our monthly bill to AFPDS with PDF archiving.  We
select Infoprint Server for the PDF Function.  I created an exit program to
store the created PDFs in the IFS instead of emailing them.  We were at a
point that testing on V5R1 was working.  After upgrading to V5R2, the Data
Structures that Infoprint Server was using changed to support additional
functionality.  We had to rework the exit program which caused something I
have never seen in an IBM operating system.  The PDF function of Infoprint
Server runs 2 jobs in QSPL; a normal WTR job and an additional PDJ job.  The
exit program was looping so I attempted to terminate the PDF writer.  The
WTR job ended but the PDJ job remained taking up 80% of the CPU.  The only
way out was an IPL.  The second Time it happened I called IBM Support Line
and they dialed in and the only way they could stop it was to end a system
program.  It turned out to be some data getting into the wrong data
structure position making the PDF job resubmit itself.
All is well now with the application and IBM has tried to bill us for the
problem.  It seems to me that the newer additional licensed programs are
constructed differently than the old OS400 core offerings.

Charley Spickerman(charley@xxxxxxxxxx)
Programmer/Analyst
The Middleburgh Telephone Company