Hi all

I had a customer upgrade to V5R1 over the weekend. All went well except for some problems with printers once the upgrade was complete.

The customer uses a variety of HP Laser printers (1200, 2100TN, 2200 etc) which are configured as 3812 printers, not remote outqueues. The devices have host printer transform specified as *YES, various manufacturer models (as you'd expect) and also use workstation customization tables to control the printable area using the PRTBDR tag. The also use an overlay on the prints sent to these devices that puts some lines and graphics onto the prints sent to the outqueue.

After the upgrade the positioning, size and font of the text on the various printers was different. It was as if the previous printer setups had been altered. Text is no longer positioned correctly in the overlay, although the print is usable (just). It seems like the relationship between the text and the overlay positioning is now different.

I went through the process of re-configuring a printer but could not get it to print satisfactorily, the symptoms described above remain after going through the process of setting up a printer from scratch.

I have identified some PTF's relating to IP printing and host print transform that are not on the cume - although the descriptions are not exactly what I am experiencing, short of that I am stuck for ideas.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might have changed that we have not accounted for or what might be causing the problem ?

Thanks in advance
Regards
Evan Harris