From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Philipp Rusch
Sent: Friday, May 09, 2003 10:46 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: SOLVED - Info inside Re: major Prob with PTF apply on V5R2

We solved it.
It's not a problem with a special group of PTFs itself,
it's the sequence in which we loaded them in our
special situation.

Here is the explanation (confirmed from IBM)

If you have a brand new V5R2 system or have to reload
the LIC for some reason (no PTFs applied yet)
then DO NOT start with the newest CumPTF-package
C3077520 as you will run into the problem we had.
Instead you take an older CumPTF package to start
with (in our case C2260520 that came with the initial
order of the machine and the OS) and procede as
normal, that is, load and apply that paket and restart
without any additional group PTFs.
Then you need MF30511, MF30470 and MF30420
not included in the new CumPTF, load them and DO
NOT IPL yet. Then you may load other group PTF
WITHOUT restarting and after all this you load
C3077520 and let the system restart to apply all this.

HTH someone else, Philipp