From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Tom Liotta
Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2003 10:31 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: RCLSTG *DBXREF

Mark:

My best guess is 11 minutes.

No, wait, 20 minutes... 9 minutes! No! 15 minutes.

Yeah 15 minutes.

Point is two-fold. First, it can vary a lot, percentage-wise, from
system to system. It really does depend on how big your system
cross-reference database is and how unorganized it is among other
things. But second, by limiting the function to the simpler *DBXREF,
your reclaim time will almost certainly be measured in minutes rather
than hours or days.

Most likely, a *DBXREF is all you'll need. And it's _relatively_
painless and gives excellent bang-for-the-buck.

Tom Liotta

midrange-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>   2. RCLSTG *DBXREF (Mark Allen)
>
>I know IBM says there is no way to estimate but if anyone has a similar

>config to mine (see below) and has done one I would appreciate how long

>it took.

Tom Liotta
The PowerTech Group, Inc.
19426 68th Avenue South