Jan,

I do a lot of lurking on this, the COBOL, CODE and WDSc lists. I have some of the answers a lot of the time, but some of the quicker of fingers have the answers posted before I get to see the question. I have to do most of my email from home (like now) because I don't have internet access at the desk top at work. I use my personal time and email account to try to stay current in a one man shop. I don't know how (or why) you would want to stifle the conversation just because someone *might* be using the list to further their career. That is like M$ forcing me to reregister XP (name you version) when I change hardware because I *might* be a thief. Or the music industry copy protection because I *might* want to remix a cd to my liking and remove some of the crap they put on their version. OR ......

I guess I don't see the harm in the lurkers, as long as they are not doing harm.

My 2 penny's worth (.0005 Canadian)

Jim Essinger
Senior Programmer/Analyst
Student Loan Fund of Idaho