Lim,

(Sorry if I have your names backward)

The fetch and the insert are totally unrelated.

That fetch would not execute.  You would either:
1)  Replace the fetch with a simple SELECT INTO.
2)  Set up a loop like the following:

C/exec sql
C+ Declare FILEAcursor for
C+ Select ....
C+ From FILEA
C+ Where ...
C/end-exec

C/exec sql
C+ Open FILEAcursor
C/end-exec

C                dow             sqlCod = 0

C/exec sql
C+ fetch from FILEAcursor into: field1, field2
C/end-exec

C                if              sqlCod <> 0
C                leave
C                endif

C                enddo

C/exec sql
C+ Close FILEAcursor
C/end-exec

And depending on a host of things, including, but not limited to, the
phase of the moon, your FILEB may close.  Mostly it's related to what you
have in:
     C/EXEC SQL
     C+ Set Option
     C+     CloSqlCsr = *EndMod
     C/END-EXEC
But even that has to be intensely studied.
Because, even though FILEB wasn't handled via a cursor, it seems to think
it was.  Well, at least on a SELECT INTO.  Pray that a INSERT is more
reasonable.

Benjamin Franklin

"Lim Hock-Chai" <Lim.Hock-Chai@xxxxxxxx>
05/06/2003 02:58 PM
Please respond to Midrange Systems Technical Discussion