>So an RPG program using a file for update in its F-specs would
>create such an entry? AFAIK the program in question here
>leaves with RETRN - shouldn't the file stay open?

Yes. But what program is actually creating the audit entry? The one that
leaves with RETRN, or one that IT CALLS when processing a row. What's the
program on the Audit entry? (if there is one, I don't remember, if not,
journal the file w/opnclo for a day and check there.)

-Walden

Walden H Leverich III
President
Tech Software