Look in the Security Reference manual for a complete listing of Audit
Journal Entry types.

A ZC is an Audit Type entry that indicates that an object was changed - or
more exactly in the case of a data file - that the file was opened for
change.  If you are getting 200K of these an hour, one has to wonder about
the efficiency of the program (Note: this is an example of the QAUDJRN
acting as a performance sleuth).  It would seem to indicate that a program
is opening and closing the file 200,000+ times per hour.  This program may
be ripe for a redesign that does not continuously open and close the file.
Constantly opening and closing a file (and probably the associated program)
would be a rather expensive operation (understated - I'm sure).

One more thought - the ZC entry is likely the result of someone turning on
object auditing for either the file in question, or for the User who is
running the batch job.  You may want to look at those two items to determine
if that level of auditing is appropriate - after you address the performance
issues.

jte

--
John Earl | Chief Technology Officer