You are looking for a join logical file I believe.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/v5r2/ic2924/info/rzakb/rzakbmst12
htm#HDRJOINS

  DDS Reference: Physical and Logical Files
Join logical files in DDS
Join logical files combine different fields from more than one physical file
into a single record. You must specify the JFILE keyword at the record level
for join logical files.
Specify the entries in the following order to define a join logical file:
File-level entries (optional)
Record-level entries
Join-level entries
Field-level entries
Key field-level entries (optional)
Select/omit-field level entries (optional)
Because only one record format is allowed in a join logical file, specify
these entries only once.
Figure 2 shows a join logical file coding example.
Figure 2. Join Logical File Coding Example

|...+....1....+....2....+....3....+....4....+....5....+....6....+....7....+.
..8
00010A* Joins fields from two physical files into one record format
00020A          R RECORD1                   JFILE(PF1 PF2)
00030A          J                           JOIN(PF1 PF2)
00040A                                      JFLD(NAME NAME)
00050A            NAME                      JREF(1)
00060A            ADDR
00070A            PHONE

You can find an explanation of file-, record-, join-, field-, key field-,
and select/omit field-levels in the DDS Concepts information Describing data
attributes using DDS topic.
Refer to the DDS Reference: Concepts information for rules to use when
specifying keywords in DDS.

[
Booth Martin   http://www.MartinVT.com
Booth@xxxxxxxxxxxx