I suppose that if you compare the price of an upgrade versus a totally new
iSeries when/if you do have to upgrade that may reduce your costs
somewhat.

Granted, it's small potatoes, but I seem to remember replacing a dozen or
so 3196's just because the switches kept breaking.  So I question the zero
support costs of a dumb terminal.

And while the problem may be wiring (you can do bad lan just as easy as
you can do bad balun twinax), but there was always that support.

So, all 100 of those users are cranking out OV/400?  And none of those 100
has any use for a PC for external communications even?  Wow.  I see you
guys have your own email domain - cvwd.org.  All of their email is 5250
based?

Granted ov/400 has some nice mail/merge, but you didn't allude to that
being your concern.

Benjamin Franklin

"Lance Gillespie" <lgillespie@xxxxxxxx>
04/28/2003 02:44 PM
Please respond to Midrange Systems Technical Discussion