Marty:

I'll assume by "output mode" you essentially mean without setting the O_APPEND
bit in the oflag parameter for the open() API. By setting this bit, IFS
streamfiles can be opened in append mode for adding to the end of file.

Tom Liotta

midrange-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>   2. RE: Writing to IFS (Urbanek, Marty)
>
>Make sure you're not re-opening the file in output mode before every record
>you write. Every time you open it for output you clear it. Either open it
>once and leave it open until you've written all your records or open it for
>append for subsequent writes after the first.

Tom Liotta
The PowerTech Group, Inc.
19426 68th Avenue South
Kent, WA 98032