Vikas:

(Both simplified and subject to memory errors due to a few years away from
this...)

There is some kind of internal "mail log" that is associated with apparently
every user who is enrolled in the system directory -- a distribution index
object? This is separate from the Office Vision mail log and refers to
distributions (SNDDST) that have been sent or received by that user ID. A
distribution identifier remains on that list until removed and it isn't removed
until some combination of events causes it to be removed. There is a limit of
9999 items on any user ID's personal list.

Note that this includes items _SENT_ by that user ID. Also note that even if a
distribution has hundreds of recipients, only one entry is added to the list
for the sender although one item is also added to _each_ recipients list.

Further, an item is not removed from the sender's list until _each_ recipient
removes the coresponding received entry from their list. (Or something like
that.)

Start with the GO CMDDST command and look over the commands there. Three of
them will be useful.

QRYDST can show counts of both *IN and *OUT distributions for a given user ID
as well as 'deleting status' info that seems to count against the 9999 limit
sometimes. (You must have "permission" before working on behalf of another user
ID though I think a *SECOFR profile will work. If not, the GRTUSRPMN -- Grant
User Permission -- command can help and I'm almost certain a *SECOFR can run
that for any user ID.)

RCVDST can be used to receive distributions that are hanging around waiting for
a recipient to receive them; this might be useful to get distribution
identifier info into a file for you.

And DLTDST might help for distributions that just won't be handled any other
way.

Hope this gives you some direction. If you have specific questions after this,
maybe they'll jog some more memories.

Tom Liotta

midrange-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>   6. CPD90B1? (Vikas Bhat)
>
>One of our clients is on V4R4 and uses As/400 Office Vision for mailing.
>Recently an error message - CPD90B1 - Distribution limit of 9999 reached. I
>went through the Midrange archives and got only one thread -
>http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l/199912/msg00733.html

Tom Liotta
The PowerTech Group, Inc.
19426 68th Avenue South