See in-line comments.  Thanks for the suggestions, John.

Mark

>1. Talk to the HA vendor to find out roughly how big a data packet is,
>then adjust the MTU of the Ethernet interfaces & the WAN link (routers,
>etc.) to accommodate that size.  You could be having problems with
>fragmented packets & their overhead.

Our network admin says that he isn't seeing fragmented packets. I'm no
expert, so I have to rely on what he tells me.

>2. Up the TCP/IP send/receive buffers.  By default there are rather
>small.

I have bumped the buffers up to 16K, then 32K but this didn't seem to help

>3. Make sure the lines are running 100MB Full Duplex.  Half Duplex can
>cause problems.

The lines are already set to 100MB Full Duplex

>4. Is your 400's system bus becoming saturated?  Can the Etherenet
>adapters be moved to a less-utilized bus?

This I don't know but I should be able to go back to our performance
reports to determine this, Correct?

>5. Try setting the TOS parm of the IP interface to *MINDELAY.

Will this require making changes in the router?