Hi Ken,

>       Someone wote on a prior thread on this subject, what a
> nightmare debugging the Java might be.

I've seen some nasty debugging sessions of RPG it's not immune to being a
nightmare to debug either.

>       In one sense, if you're cracker jack with Java, then it
> might not be too bad.

Like you say (or someone did) elsewhere, it's down to a comfort level within
the company of a particular language. In this case, the original poster was
asked by a customer, and that customer I'm assuming - possibly incorrectly -
feels more comfortable with Java then RPG, hence the request for conversion
tools.

>       My latest statistics, (no I don't have a copy handy),
> say that there are still more
> RPG coders out there than Java coders.This too might change.

Within the iSeries arena, I'd probably agree Java Developers < RPG Developers.
Taking that to the software development world as a whole (PC's, *nix, etc.),
I'd find that very hard to believe.

--phil