Rob,

When I read this I see.

*         *PUBLIC has at least *USE authority to library EDI.GDI, so there
is adequate authority to work with the existing objects in the library

*         User "SSA" owns, and has all authority to file EDI.GDI/HMDEMH01,
which is sufficient authority to " clear, initialize, or copy member".

*         *PUBLIC has *CHANGE authority to the file EDI.GDI/HMDEMH01, which
is insufficient authority to " clear, initialize, or copy member".

*         User "ADOPT" owns the program EDI.PGM/HMDEMC01 which attempts to
clear or copy.

*         User Profile "ADOPT" belongs to the group "SSA", but adopted
authority cannot come from the group profile of a program's owner.

*         Program EDI.PGM/HMDEMC01 runs with the authority of the calling
user plus the authority of "ADOPT", but not with the authority of "ADOPT"'s
group ("SSA"), therefore the operation fails.

>From my limited view of this, it appears that you have to either give ADOPT
*OBJMGT rights to the file (which seems reasonable) or have the program
adopt SSA's authority (which seems excessive).  In any case there does not
seem to be real value in having ADOPT a member of the SSA group.

jte

--

John Earl | Chief Technology Officer

The PowerTech Group