Tom,

The collection of information about the numbers and sizes of objects on
your system is entirely up to you.  It has no therapeutic effects in and
of itself.  What you intend to do with the information should determine
the frequency.

If you know that you'll be doing disk housekeeping, then run it the
weekend prior.  If you are doing some capacity planning and want to plot
object/library growth over time, then monthly would probably suffice.  I
would run it weekly if you want to spot new/unusual/inappropriate uses of
disk space every Monday.  It might depend on how close to the edge you
are.

Regards,
Andy Nolen-Parkhouse