Try Surveyor.

        -----Original Message-----
        From: Don [mailto:dr2@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
        Sent: Wed 4/2/2003 8:53 PM
        To: marsha.barton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Cc: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
        Subject: Re: Database editor

        well, off hand you have DBU and WRKDBF

        www.wrkdbf.com   and www.prodata.com

        And I'm sure Al has a tool hidden somewhere up his (sleeve) he'll be
        telling us about in a few emails...:)

        :)

        On Wed, 2 Apr 2003 marsha.barton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

        > I'm VERY new to the AS/400, sort of had the responsibility dropped in
my lap last year.  We're the misdemeanor probation dept. for our County and we
use an AS/400 (a 9406-720) with a proprietary software package on which we
perform our daily business.  This software package/database uses a Master List
Entry number that serves as the Primary Key for the database.  Each client's
Case Numbers reside under their ML#.  Our software vendor recently did a
massive conversion of our Case Numbers to a new format, but approx. 20,000
numbers were unable to be converted, due to data entry errors, etc. that kept
those cases from fitting into the predefined format. This means that each of
those remaining 20,000 numbers must be converted individually by hand.  There
is a Case Number correction/transfer module available in the software package,
but you can only correct one Case Number at a time.  I'm curious to know if
there would be a way to convert these case numbers in batches, using so!
        me!