From: Buck Calabro [mailto:Buck.Calabro@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, March 28, 2003 1:17 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: Font Codes

> Hi group, I need to use the Verdana font or
> Something that resembles Verdana
> On the AS/400.   I've been looking all around for
> The font code and I couldn't find any table that
> shows what code goes with what font.  Does
> anybody have a font code table?

Hi Emilio!  I don't think there is a graphical table.  I always looked at
the Printer Device Programming manual.  In the past, the CL Reference had a
list in the appendix under the FONT keyword.  I have a template program that
I keep around to generate a graphic list of fonts:

1'ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ'
 FONT(221)
 SPACEA(1)
1'abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz'
 FONT(221)
 SPACEA(1)
1'1234567890'
 FONT(221)
 SPACEA(1)
4'Prestige 15 (221)'
 SPACEA(1)

Compile as DEVTYPE(*AFPDS) and print it out.  In my experience, each printer
is slightly different...
  --buck