OK, I have gone thru the IBM Release Planning Info (phew!!!) and come up
with the following for my 720.

I understand that I WILL have to upgrade/change the Optical as it is
definitely not supported which from what I understand means it will
fail.

My question to the list is what is everyones experience with the "May
experience performance limitations" items.  Surely someone has some of
them still running on V4R5 or did everyone make the "suggested" IBM
replacements?

Again, thanks to the list and all its great emembers for the help so
far.

2468     M001-Sys Ctl Panel
2609     Comm Adaptor    Supported/May have perf limit   V5R1 and R2

2609     v.24 port       Supported/May have perf limit   V5R1 and R2

2609     v.24 port       Supported/May have perf limit   V5R1 and R2

2612     Comm Adaptor    Supported/May have perf limit   V5R1 and R2

2612     v.24 port enhanced      Supported/May have perf limit   V5R1
and R2
2613     Comm Adaptor    Supported/May have perf limit   V5R1 and R2

2613     v.35 port       Supported/May have perf limit   V5R1 and R2

2621     Storage Controller      Supported/May have perf limit   V5R1
and R2   Optical Attached to it
2621     Storage Controller      Supported/May have perf limit   V5R1
and R2   Reel Tape Attached to it
2623     Comm Processor
2720     Comm Adaptor
2720     v.24 port
2729     Storage Controller
2741     Storage Controller
2809     Combined Function IOP
2838     Lan Adaptor
2838     Ethernet Port
3002     M000-128MB Mem
3002     M000-128MB Mem
3004     M000-256MB Mem
3004     M000-256MB Mem
3580     Ultrium LTO Tape
3995     C40-Optical     Not supported   V5R1 not mentioned in R2

6050     WS Proc         Supported/May have perf limit   V5R1 and R2

6050     WS Ctl  Supported/May have perf limit   V5R1 and R2     Console
only attached
6390     8mm Tape
6512     Storage Controller      Supported/May have perf limit   V5R1
and R2   Disk
6607     M074-Disk Storage Ctl
9164     Comb Func IOP
9164     Combined Function IOP