This shows my age but,
after you have closed the source member you could
sort (FMTDTA) the mbr (use Input over Output)
FMTDTA INFILE((lib/QRPGSRC mbr))
       OUTFILE(lib/QRPGSRC mbr)
       SRCFILE(lib/QFMTSRC) SRCMBR(SORTSRC)
This is the  lib/QFMTSRC SORTSRC specs.
0001.00      HFILE      6A         X
0002.00      FNC   1   6
0003.00      FDC   1   6
0004.00      FDC   7  12
0005.00      FDC  13  92    <<<<<< The 92 may need to change
to match length of your source file records.
Regards
Frank Kolmann