> Are there any people on this mailing list who have that specific
responsibility?.

Ken - just a note that there is also a separate list
security400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
It doesn't get near the traffic, but is security specific.
As far as security specific duties - many corporations have full time staff
for this (and
I don't mean the clerk who doles out passwords). In many corps though, that
person
is security for all platforms. There are several certifications avail for
security, but not a
specific iSeries certification (the closest is the System Administrator). To
get a good
view of how complex it can be, read the Tips & Tools for Securing Your
iSeries SC41-5300-05  (v5r1). This is in Info Center and also in iSeries
Supplemental Manuals and depending upon your release, may have come with the
cd's. It's an eye opener.
The system is "secure" when you implement the recommendations. Each business
has to decide how much time & money to spend on this (just like disaster
recovery).
hth
jim