I'd like to replace our old HP 4 laser printers with something faster and
more input tray capacity.  I currently have them connected to our network
with print servers from Troy, which works fine.  Can print to them from the
PC network and have created remote outqs on the /400, which allows me to
print to them from the /400 also.

So my question is, in the under $1,200 price range, what would be a good
replacement laser printer (or combination laser printer & print server),
keeping in mind that I need to print from both the network and the /400,
using remote outq method (although PJL method would be even better).  Also,
would like to have 500 sheet input tray capacity, if possible but not
critical.

I bought a Xerox Phaser 3400N (formerly Tektronics Phaser) and it has
networking capabilities built-in but it does not play well with the /400.
Xerox tech supported admitted it's networking capabilities are not very
robust.

Thanks,
Dave