Dear Jim,

PTF 5722WDS-SI04391 not applied.
I figure out that the ptf is for Websphere development studio .. maybe the
prerequisite of that ptf is c++ compiler that reside in your IFS link.

AS400 saves the object or others into the IFS (Integrated File System) ..
(correct me if i'm wrong).
so from your joblog maybe you save your c++ compiler into another folder in
your IFS link.
or the other problem is you never install the c++ compiler (this compiler
should reside in one of wds package).

command WRKLNK can help you to find out whether this folder is there or
not.

Best Regards,
Fery Gideon
IBM iSeries Certified
PT. Mitra Integrasi Komputindo
ASPAC Kuningan - 8th floor, Suite 805
Jl. H.R. Rasuna Said Kav. X-2 No. 4, Jakarta 12950
Phone: (62-21) 522-8322(ext 115), Fax: (62-21) 522-8321
e-mail: fery@xxxxxxxxx ; fery_gideon@xxxxxxxxx

                    "jim essinger"

                    <esinger@xxxxxxxx>           To:
<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                    Sent by:                     cc:

                    midrange-l-bounces@xx        Subject:     Damaged PTF:
SI04391 for 5722WSD
                    drange.com

                    03/19/2003 05:51 AM

                    Please respond to

                    Midrange Systems

                    Technical Discussion

Greetings!

I have just found a PTF that is marked as damaged. I have V5R2 installed.
I have the latest CUME CD ready to load, but thought I would resolve this
issue first. SI04391 was flagged as DAMAGED. I downloaded SI04391 and
loaded it. It was then marked as UNAPPLIED. When I tried to load it I
got the following;

[first level text]
Message ID . . . . . . : CPF35CF
Severity . . . . . . . : 30
Message type . . . . . : Diagnostic
Date sent . . . . . . : 03/18/03
Time sent . . . . . . : 15:04:44

Message . . . . : PTF 5722WDS-SI04391 not applied.

Cause . . . . . : The exit program failed and the back out failed. The
program temporary fix (PTF) status is set to damaged.

Recovery . . . : Refer to previously listed messages. After the exit
program problem has been resolved, load and apply the damaged PTF again.

[Detail from the joblog]
Object not found. Object is /QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/C++Compiler/bin.
Object not found. Object is /QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/C++Compiler/bin.
Object QSI04391J1 in QCPPLE type *FILE moved to library QRPLOBJ.
Object QSI04391J1 in QRPLOBJ type *FILE renamed QSI0439101.
Object QSI04391J2 in QCPPLE type *FILE moved to library QRPLOBJ.
Object QSI04391J2 in QRPLOBJ type *FILE renamed QSI0439102.
PTF 5722WDS-SI04391 not applied.

How do I resolve this? Where is the C++Compiler stuff? Any thoughts?

Jim Essinger
Senior Programmer/Analyst
Student Loan Fund of Idaho
esinger NO @ SPAM fmtc . com