-----Original Message-----
From: Urbanek, Marty [mailto:Marty_Urbanek@xxxxxxxxxxxx]

Assume my database resides on machine A in library MYLIB.

If I am signed on machine A, I can do a STRSQL and then issue a statement
such as:

select * from MYFILE
where DEF_NAME='SearchArg'
ORDER BY SOME_FIELD

The query works fine in that scenario, where I issue the query from the same
machine where the database resides. MYLIB is my CURLIB when I do the STRSQL.

However, if I am signed on machine B, do a STRSQL, SQL "connect" to machine
A (which is defined by RDBDIRE), and issue the same select statement, it
fails because it cannot find the table.

How can I get MYLIB into my library list, or do something so that it can
find the table without modifying the select syntax? I am aware that I can
modify the select to include the library or collection, such as "select *
from MYLIB/MYFILE", but the SQL is coming from another platform and it is
undesirable to have to change it.

Is there some other way I can help the query find the table in MYLIB when it
is issued remotely, perhaps by somehow setting the "default collection" or
controlling the library list of a server job on machine A?

It seems like addind MYLIB to QSYSLIBL would work, but I would hate to do
something that pervasive.