I thought that SAVSTG only worked when restoring to an EXACT system
configuration.
I found this in the B/R manual for V5R2:

<snip>
The disk configuration of the restoring server must be the same as the
disk configuration of the saving server. The disk types and models
must be the same or equivalent with some additional devices.
Serial numbers and physical addresses do not have to be the same.
All disk units that were saved are required for the restore operation.
</snip>

So boiled down this is what Al said???

 Bryan Dietz
3X Corporation
If you are getting the same number, or more of disk drives, with the same,
or higher capacity, per ASP, SAVSTG is the answer.

Al - in Indy - where it's cold

Al Barsa, Jr