I suggest that you check to see if your AS/400 has an IP address in the
same subnet as the remote computer you are trying to reach (CFGTCP
option1).
 Normally you would have 2 address there: the loopback (127.0.0.1) and
the IP of the machine. But you can assign up to 50 IP address to an
etehrnet card. If one of the adresses is in the same subnet as the
destination, the routing table will no be used.

Denis Robitaille
Directeur services technique TI
819 363 5187

>>> Steven.Gray@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 03/06/03 12:40pm >>>
I am having problems trying to ping an IP address.
Although I can ping the IP address from windows and my RS boxes using
the
same route.

The AS400 is connected to a default gateway which has a connection to
the IP
address that I am trying to reach. When I perform a TRACERT from DOS
this
shows the route going through the default gateway to my destination.

I have contacted the SA at the remote site and he can ping my AS400
from his
box.

I have defined a route in the Host table and there seems to be no
conflicting addresses for the AS400 to get confused over.

As I am on OS V4.5 there is no AS400 trace facility , but I have
downloaded
TRACEROUTE to find out what is happening.
This shows all other IP destinations going through the default
gateway.
When I try the problem route , I don't even get as far as the default
gateway !!!

The ARP table is, according to OPS Navigator , refreshed every 15
minutes.

At this point , I am not sure where else to look.

Regards

Steven Gray
Systems Administrator