I am having problems trying to ping an IP address.
Although I can ping the IP address from windows and my RS boxes using the
same route.

The AS400 is connected to a default gateway which has a connection to the IP
address that I am trying to reach. When I perform a TRACERT from DOS this
shows the route going through the default gateway to my destination.

I have contacted the SA at the remote site and he can ping my AS400 from his
box.

I have defined a route in the Host table and there seems to be no
conflicting addresses for the AS400 to get confused over.

As I am on OS V4.5 there is no AS400 trace facility , but I have downloaded
TRACEROUTE to find out what is happening.
This shows all other IP destinations going through the default gateway.
When I try the problem route , I don't even get as far as the default
gateway !!!

The ARP table is, according to OPS Navigator , refreshed every 15 minutes.

At this point , I am not sure where else to look.

Regards

Steven Gray
Systems Administrator

This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by the WorldCom Internet Managed
Scanning Service - powered by MessageLabs. For further information visit
http://www.worldcom.com