Rob:

> One of the problems is, that on RARE occasions the wrong spool file is
grabbed.  Not only is the spool file name different, but the spool file
was originated outside of this job.  Can't figure out how that could
happen.

That seems to be a _major_ clue.

>            CPYF       FROMFILE(MAXSTORAGE) +
>                        TOFILE(QTEMP/MESSAGE) MBROPT(*ADD) +

I don't see where this file gets populated. Any chance there's leftover data in
it?

>             DEL        OBJLNK('/qtemp/maxstg.txt')
>             MONMSG     MSGID(CPFA0A9)

Any chance something other than CPFA0A9 is happening or that it doesn't trigger
the MONMSG? I've been seeing isolated cases where a message appears in the
joblog but the MONMSG did not catch it. (Ouch.)

Tom Liotta

Tom Liotta
The PowerTech Group, Inc.
19426 68th Avenue South