From: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Date: Saturday, March 01, 2003 04:39:07
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Cannot FTP one IFS file

Patrick,

As Rob already pointed out, error -93 is "SSL Not Available". See
file QSYSINC/H member SSL. This is part of the original SSL API,
not the GSKit. (The telltale sign of that is that the number is
negative)

I think what Rob is probably seeing here is that his FTP server is
trying to run both as an SSL server and as a regular server. When the
SSL portion of it does not work (because SSL is not configured on his
machine) it reports this error and then just works as a non-SSL server.

That's just a guess -- but I know that all of the iSeries TCP servers
do try to run as SSL if they can.

I don't think that error message is actually a symptom of the problem he's
experiencing. But, without actually seeing what's going on, it's hard to
say.