Shannon,

Dave found what we're both looking for.  Thanks for your help.

Mike E.

                    "Shannon O'Donnell"

                    <sodonnell@xxxxxxxxxx       To:     "Midrange Systems
Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                    s.com>                      cc:

                    Sent by:                    Subject:     Re: Link to Form
data in HTML
                    midrange-l-bounces@xx

                    drange.com

                    02/28/03 11:30 AM

                    Please respond to

                    Midrange Systems

                    Technical Discussion

So.....maybe it is the insertAdjacentHTML and insertAdjacentText tags that
you are interested in?  Using those, in combination with document.writenln
you can let the user modify the HTML on the fly.

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<SCRIPT type="text/JavaScript" language="javascript">
function InsertText()
{
 DIV1.insertAdjacentHTML("AfterEnd", "Type Your Text Here: " + "<Input
type='Text' Len='100' />");
}
</SCRIPT>

</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV ID="DIV1">
<input type="Button" value="Insert Text Field" onClick="InsertText()" />
</DIV>
</BODY>
</HTML>

Or you can also use the innerHTML, ourterHTML, createTextRange,
moveToElementText and pasteHTML tags to modify HTML on the fly also.

HTH

Shannon O'Donnell