Rick,

I suppose this is a question of preference but I'd have to admit that I
think of this as an old-fashioned way of doing business.  We finally
eliminated our multipart invoice form about 3 years ago.  Here's my logic -
if your systems have the data of the invoice and if you can reprint an
invoice I don't see any need to be printing multiple copies.  Especially if
it is for internal use.  I'd be hard pressed to believe that a customer
would want multiple parts either but I guess that is possible.

So, not the answer that you are probably needing but we print our invoices
an a 8/12x11 sheet and only print one copy.  And even that is kind of
old-fashioned.  We are trying to do more with EDI and extranet functions
(BillingZone) and never print the invoice.

HTH.

Michael Crump
Saint-Gobain Containers
1509 S. Macedonia Ave.
Muncie, IN  47302
(765)741-7696
(765)741-7012 f
(800)428-8642

Slow email use this:
mailto:mike.crump@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Fast email that isn't company standard use this:
mailto:mcrump@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

                      Rick Rayburn

                      <the400man@xxxxxx        To:
midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
                      l.com>                   cc:

                                               bcc:

                      02/28/03 09:41 AM        Subject:  Multi-part,
Multi-Color Invoice Forms
                      Please respond to

                      Midrange Systems

                      Technical

                      Discussion

For many moons, companies have used multi-copied, multi-colored invoice
forms for a variety of reasons: "the whites go to the customer", "the pinks
go to the sales reps", "the yellows go to the file cabinet", and on and
on...These forms were always produced on line printers so your print
quality
is not as strong as it could be. We'd love to produce the invoices from
laser printers but I cannot seem to work out how multi-colored forms would
be handled this way other than stacking multiple 8x11 colorized standard
paper, piggy backed in groups of whatever, and then running the invoices
with the number of copies you want for each one. That sounds completely
dain
bramaged to me.

Is this old fashioned office edict a dying dinosaur? Are people just
producing multiple laser copies, one form type, one color and distributing
them...maybe with an "identification label" or something to indicate who
gets them? I hope so or else I'd love to hear someone elses laser solution.
Has anyone done a cost comparison between the number of extra 8x11 paper to
the original 4 part forms?

Thanks for the time.

Rick Rayburn
NYC