Have you tried STRDBMON and PRTSQLINF to see
if creating permanent LGLs will help the optimiser.

Frank Kolmann
date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 22:28:09 +0100
from: "Carel Teijgeler" <coteijgeler@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: SQL SELECT RETRIEIVAL TIME

Dave,

The only reason(s) I can think of the long wait at the first use:

1) the system is rebuilding its cache, after either the subsystem QINTER
was ended normally or there was an IPL in the night; this as a consequence
of the backup routine in your shop (assuming here).

2) Cleanup cleared the cache.

Any way, the Query optimizer/engine has to be started again.

Just my thoughts.

Regards,
Carel Teijgeler