Simon:

Although I've seen the behavior you describe, I think it's more the exception
than the rule. If I issue GO MYMENU from a PDM command line and MYMENU has a
product library assigned, the QPDA library is replaced in the library list, not
shifted into the second slot.

When I use product libraries in my own programs, I generally use the following
technique:

1. Retrieve prdlib1 and prdlib2.
2. Save prdlib2 in a variable.
3. Call QLICHGLL specifying my desired product library as the new prdlib1 and
the previous prdlib1 as the new prdlib2.
4. Perform the work of the function.
5. Call QLICHGLL specifying the original prdlib1 as prdlib1 again and the saved
prdlib2 as prdlib2 again.
6. Return

And there's the usual need to handle the case where there's no prdlib2
specified in the beginning. Each level down and up "pushes" or "pops" a product
library.

AFAIK, most IBM-supplied functions only handle single product libraries.

Tom Liotta

midrange-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>   2. Re: Multiple PRDLIB (Simon Coulter)
>
>Vern wrote:
>>I've never seen this happen.
>
>For your information, here is a cut and paste of DSPLIBL on my current
>session. Note the two product libraries.
>
>Library     Type
>FBNS_SYS    SYS
>QSYS        SYS
>QSYS2       SYS
>QHLPSYS     SYS
>QUSRSYS     SYS
>QSYS2924    SYS
>QPDA        PRD
>QADM        PRD
>ART.DEV     USR
>ART.TEST    USR
>ART.MAST    USR
>FBNSPKG     USR
>ARTERIAL    USR
>
>>Product library names (without the API) appear to go on some kind of
>>stack that lets only the topmost library be in the library list.
>
>Yes, except there is room for two product libraries in the library list.
>
>>Maybe there's an extra stack, or a different way of handling things,
>>when the API is used.
>
>Yes, there is because product libraries are replaced as you return up the
>stack.

Tom Liotta
The PowerTech Group, Inc.
19426 68th Avenue South