Jon,

As many will attest, I'm an MS lover and I'd NOT use MS Home if my life
depended on it. Have you tried calling IBM? I know Dell doesn't like W2K
anymore but you can get it from them if you call them. Also, what about
Dell? I just looked at their Canadian site and you can order XP Pro online
from them. Finally, from experience on a Sony desktop and laptop, run! Run
fast!

In all cases, if you're looking to load an OS that isn't shipped make sure
the manufacturer has drivers for the OS you're looking to run. As I'm sure
you're aware, laptops aren't like desktops, they are chock-full of
proprietary hardware and missing drivers can be a nightmare.

-Walden

PS. Unless MS has changed it's rules very recently, they will still sell you
W2K -- well, technically speaking they'll sell you XP, but allow you to
back-level the license to apply it to W2K.

Walden H Leverich III
President
Tech Software
(516) 627-3800 x11