XP-Pro works pretty good.  Its especially savvy with home networking, which
I suspect you and Sue might really like.  It'd be worth while it in my
umble opinion, to stick to your guns and find a way to find the machine you
want with XP Pro.   You might even wish to upgrade Sue's operating system at
the same time.

Two downers that I found:  One - be sure you understand the consequences of
XP's need to phone home.  Two -  file paths change.  Some files can be hard
to find.

(Shannon, if your machine is bogging down as time passes you may want to
become suspicious.  That sounds like spyware loading itself onto your
machine.  Gator and EZSearchbar are especially mean little pieces of code
designed to insult your intelligence.)

Booth Martin   http://www.MartinVT.com
Booth@xxxxxxxxxxxx